Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Work in Progress

Lenore at the front door, me photographing her in the reflection
 Every morning I get to Lisa August Headquarters, turn the key, and I'm filled with a sense of pride that I'm opening a door that leads to something that's mine (ours, Lenore).  Each day is a little different, some days are very hectic, and you feel like you didn't get anything done, other days are quiet, and you feel good about what you got done.  I'm learning to try to take what's thrown at me.  The best thing that I do for myself is make a list at the end of each day so I know what I need to do when I get in in the morning.
The first floor, where the guys work, where a lot of the magic happens
 This is our downstairs, and we are very happy with the way it turned out, this picture does not do it justice.  We were really worried about the fit, but the tumblers, plastic, power presses, saws, beveling machines, sanders, polishers, you get the point, all found a home.  You wouldn't think the finished Lisa August product needed all this heavy machinery, but it does!
The stairs to get to the second floor
Now, we do have an elevator, that really is hardly ever used.  We all take the stairs.  I think it's great exercise,  I try to climb them as much as possible.  
Lenore at the top of the stairs
 The second floor is where the ladies work.  We have our offices and design areas, our assembly area, our stock, storage and our kitchen.
In the Kitchen
 Our kitchen is cute.  The table and chairs are from my grandparents.  As I type the table is being sanded, and then stained.  We replaced the seat cushions this morning.  The seat cushions prior to this were the ones I sat on as a child at dinner time at my grandparent's house-needless to say it was time for new ones!
Augie's Area
We brought Augie's old work table with us and a lot of his things that he didn't bring home.  I made this little area of his vintage tools and other miscellaneous odds and ends.  I'm a fan of this little nook, because of course we would never be here if it wasn't for him or his modest beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment