Friday, September 13, 2013

My SP14 Fashion Week Faves

I'm not the most fashionably dressed person in the world, and I don't have the wallet for any of these clothes either, but I do like to judge, and fake pretend in my head which pieces I would wear if I were tall and svelte.  Also, it doesn't hurt my career to be a little in the know.  The following are the looks I either LOVED and wished I owned, or inspiration for my own line for next spring.  I'm a little surprised to still be seeing so much black and white, but tokyo tort and pops of color go great with black and white clothing, so Lisa August will be ok!


 The first two looks are Catherine Malandrino, and I want to be wearing this in the South of France!  Right now!!!



I loved all the clothes at the Nicole Miller show, I feel like everything was actually wearable for real life, and the clothes are just beautiful.  Love the little Gatsby/jazz flare the clothes have.


Anna Sui is always just straight up, I would wear this all in a heartbeat, period.


Carolina Herrera can do no wrong.  Every show is perfect.  Chic, elegant, timeless.  She makes clothes for the woman I wish I could be!  I also think a chunky tortoise necklace would compliment the last outfit...

 I really liked the Alice & Olivia show, I kind of like when designers choose this format over the catwalk, and the clothes were all: pretty!

I liked Christian Siriano's use of color, that yellow 'dress' is pretty badass.  I like his mix of pinks and reds, I saw that combination used a couple of other times, and I think I will be incorporating it into the line.

Diane Von Furstenberg, your dresses rock, and I will buy myself one one day!

Erin Fetherston: all I could think was, if I had a fashion show, this is what it would be, ha!

LOVE Mara Hoffman's use of prints and color, the white top and blue pants is the perfect outfit...


As always, beautiful dresses from Monique Lhuillier.  There's that red and pink again.

Tracy Reese is another favorite of mine, I just love how she plays with color and prints, this is such a cool outfit, you have to have a great eye to put something like this together and pull it off.

Lastly, Zach Posen.   His clothes are not my favorite, but this is just beautiful, and I'm looking to use some blush in the line.

And there you have it, me and my fashion week two cents.  I thought a lot of the clothes were really beautiful, so it was inspiring to 'watch' the shows.  What it should be doing is inspiring me to go swim some laps, because what's the deal with all the crop tops everyone showed??




No comments:

Post a Comment